27 Eylül 2021 Pazartesi

 

 

Süleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Agriculture was established in 1994 in Atabey District, which is 25 km away from Isparta province. In the 1994-1995 academic year, the faculty started education with 30 students in Horticulture and Food Engineering Departments and gave its first graduates in the 1997-1998 academic year.

In the 2000-2001 academic year, the faculty moved to the campus of Süleyman Demirel University in the district of Çünür and continued its activities. While the Food Engineering Department was within the Faculty of Agriculture, it was transferred to the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture in the 2007-2008 academic year and the Faculty of Agriculture continues its educational activities with

1- Horticulture Department

2- Plant Protection Department

3- Agricultural Economics Department

4- Agricultural Structures and Irrigation Department

5- Field Crops Department

6- Soil Science and Plant Nutrition Department

7- Agricultural Biotechnology Department

8- Agricultural Machinery and Technologies Engineering Department

9- Animal Science Department

On the East campus where the faculty building is located, there is an Education, Research and Training Farm where the students and faculty members are engaged in activities such as practice, research and projects. Also, there is a sales office where vegetable and animal products produced on the farm are sold.

Our faculty changed its name to the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Technologies within the newly established Isparta University of Applied Sciences under Article 7 of Law No. 7141, which was published in the Official Gazette No. 30425 dated May 18, 2018.

According to the Decision on the Establishment, Closure and Renaming of Institutes, Faculties and Schools Depending on Some Higher Education Institutions published in the Official Gazette No. 30908 dated 4 October 2019 (Decision Number: 1613); the name of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Technologies, which is affiliated to the Rectorate of Isparta University of Applied Sciences, has been changed to the Faculty of Agriculture. It continues its education and training activitiesat its location.